Class size is 18 students.
Alix McLaughlin and Robert Harris, founders of the Cranial Therapy Centre Toronto, are excited to offer an unique opportunity to learn pediatric Cranial Sacral Therapy [CST] in a 5 day program. Our 31 years of clinical experience treating infants and children, coupled with decades of teaching Cranial Sacral Therapy will provide you with an in depth pediatric training. You will be empowered by learning new CST techniques which will enhance your current Cranial Sacral Therapy skills and enable you to begin treating children and infants.
We have both taught at the Upledger Institute for a combined 22 years and have continued to teach throughout our 39 clinical years. We also contributed to the original design and content of the Upledger pediatric training program. The Cranial Therapy Centre, started in 1987, is the largest and longest standing Cranial Therapy clinic in Canada. Infants and children account for a significant percent of the Centre’s client base and are referred by doctors, naturopaths, midwives, lactation consultants, doulas, mother’s support groups, past clients, as well as many returning parents of growing families.
The Cranial Therapy Centre’s courses provide a smaller class size and a more intimate environment to allow for enhanced learning, discussion and dialogue. Personal support is provided as you deepen your current CST skills. Our teachings focus on improving your physical and energetic sensitivities on many levels to the cranial sacral system and more so that you can treat in a more powerful way.
The objective of the course is to enhance and grow your CST skills to successfully treat the intricacies of infants and children. You will learn not only about the techniques, conditions and anatomy unique to infants and children, you will also be enhancing your sensitivities in order to effectively and safely treat these delicate clients.
The five-day training will include lectures, practical exercises, new techniques, discussions and demonstrations of assessments and treatments with infants and children.
You will learn:
- To enhance your sensitivity and perception while performing CST;
- To increase the accuracy of the touch of your hands in order to identify what is deep within the body;
- How to recognize and perceive, with ease, the CS indicators in therapeutic stillpoints;
- How the infant anatomy differs from an adult;
- How infant assessment differs from adult assessment;
- Treatments beyond protocols;
- New techniques for pediatrics;
- The effects of pregnancy, labour and delivery on an infant and how to treat them.
- The issues associated with normal or long labour, positioning in utero, the effect of twins in the womb, and interventions such as vacuum, forceps, induction, c-section, and epidurals;
For Infants – to identify the signs, symptoms and determine the treatments of various conditions including latching/nursing issues, colic, excessive crying, hyper/hypo tonicity, reflux, digestive discomfort, torticollis, excessive crying, asymmetrical head shape, helmuts and ear infections;
For Toddlers and Children – to identify the signs, symptoms and determine the treatments for various conditions such as Strabismus, learning difficulties, developmental delays, hyper activity, ADD/ADHD, autism, cerebral palsy, and concussion.
- Techniques and tools to be energetically sensitive and present;
- Precautions and contraindications for pediatric treatment;
- Beyond treatment:
- When are you ready to treat infants?
- How to communicate with parents while gaining their confidence.
- How to know that your treatment is working. How to determine your success without getting verbal feedback from your client.
- Introducing Pediatrics and building your practice.
Prerequisites for attending – one of the following:
- Cranial Therapy Centre training course Advanced level.
- Upledger CST 1 and 2
- Osteopathic Training
- Appropriate Exceptions – Please speak to Robert or Alix
The course starts promptly at 10:00 AM and runs to 4:30 PM.
Please arrive @ 15 minutes before the start of the class.
Please bring the following:
- A pen;
- A re-usable mug;
- LUNCH – Except for Sunday, an in-house vegan cafe is open at the Riverdale Hub. Feel free to bring your own lunch or purchase from the cafe.
Refreshments and some light snacks will be available. Please feel free to bring additional snacks as you desire.
“As a lactation consultant who works with babies who are experiencing breastfeeding challenges, it has been a huge gift to work with Robert and Alix. Their ability to meet a baby where they are at, breathe and help the little one move to a better place, is an invaluable adjunct to my practise and a life-long legacy for our smallest and most vulnerable beings.”
–Shery Leeder, IBCLC
1326 Gerrard St. East
Toronto ON M4L 1Z1
Important Notice : Full payment must be made at time of registration. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 416-971-4445.